How often do you smile? Studies show that smiling, even insincerely, boosts a person’s mood.Crooked teeth or tooth stains may keep you from showing off your smile. Stifling a smile can send the wrong message, and people may interpret a straight face to represent sadness or aggression. Don’t let dissatisfaction with your smile keep you from properly expressing yourself when cosmetic dentistry can improve the appearance of teeth and boost your confidence. In this article, Erlanger cosmetic dentist Dr. Darlene Sand Wall explains the benefits of cosmetic dentistry.
How to Restore Your Smile
Dr. Sand Wall can offer various treatment plans to correct crooked, stained, or chipped teeth.
- Porcelain veneers will make your teeth appear straighter, while simultaneously whitening your smile. Dr. Sand Wall places thin shells of handcrafted porcelain over surfaces of front teeth.
- Veneers can withstand the pressures of biting and chewing, and resist stains.
- Tooth contouring can reshape teeth to smooth rough or sharp edges for a a softer-looking smile.
- We also offer take-home, professional teeth whitening trays to brighten your smile.
- Color-matched bonding material can fill cracks or chips, close gaps, or be applied as a veneer to brighten permanently stained teeth.
Health Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
You may want to show off your straighter, whiter teeth, but cosmetic dentistry offers more reasons to smile. Cosmetic dentistry not only improves the look of your mouth, but can also restore the way it functions. Restoring damaged teeth and replacing one or more missing teeth also lowers your risk of gum disease, which research links to an increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and Alzheimer’s disease. Furthermore, if you suffer with TMD-induced headaches, realigning your bite may also relieve your pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Erlanger Dentist
Talk with Dr. Sand Wall to explore options for your cosmetic dentistry procedure. We offer a variety of teeth whitening treatments and porcelain veneers to straighten front teeth and make you smile more. Call our 41018 dentist office at (859) 344-8500 to make an appointment. We serve patients from Erlanger, Cincinnati, Crestview Hills, Fort Mitchell, Florence, Union, Independence, and Taylor Mill.